Kimmayco Chows Down: Chocolate Protein Cakes
We love cakes! We can eat cakes all day errrhhhhhday! So we had to have a healthy option to snack on from time to time. The one made below only has sugars from fruits in it. It also has a bit of a protein boost to help protect our muscles because girls have muscles too! Standard Procedure!
Recipe makes 12 cakes! What you need:
- Blender - Two mixing bowls
Dry Ingredients - 1 Cup of Oats - 2 scoops of Vanilla protein powder (I used Sun Warrior brown rice vegan protein powder) - 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (I use raw cacao powder) - 1/2 tsp Baking powder - 1/2 tsp baking soda - pinch of sea salt
Wet Ingredients *pause* - 4 egg whites - 2 Ripe Bananas - 25 drops of liquid stevia ( this is equivalent to about 1tsp of powdered stevia or 4 tablespoons of sugar if you want to make a sugary version!)
1) Blend the Oats to make oat flour. While you're blending pre-heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (347 degrees Fahrenheit)
2) Add oat flour and all the dry ingredients into one mixing bowl, mix ingredients.
3) Blend the ripe bananas into a banana puree.
4) Add banana puree and all wet ingredients into a separate mixing bowl, mix ingredients.
5) Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix!
6) Line a baking tray with baking paper or grease with virgin coconut oil. Add mixture.
7) Bake for 20 minutes. If you can stick a knife in the cake and the knife comes out clean you're ready! If not put it back in for another 5-10 minutes.
8) Serve plain or top with some Almond butter and dark chocolate chips- YUM!