'Food & Lycra' x 'This Girl Can' runs The British 10km
This Girl Can, the campaign that 'celebrates the women who are doing their thing no matter how they do it, how they look or even how sweaty they get.
Filling up bill boards with their message and our Twitter and Facebook feeds with re-shares of their video campaign, it gets no objections from us, in fact it gets three stamps of solid approval. If you haven't seen the video yet check it out here:
This Girl Can embodies everything we are about. We're day to day women who love getting active and sweaty, who embrace the fact that we're not bikini models and who most definitely love to eat (no diets around here!)
When we were approached by Laureus Sport for Good Foundation to get a team of women together to run The Vitality British 10km in tandem with the This Girl Can campaign we replied with a big fat YES! After all, we are Girls that Can Run and what an amazing way to celebrate it, running the streets of London past 10 Downing Street, Buckingham palace and Westminster bridge.
The most exciting part of this celebration is we are asking you, our amazing readers and followers, to take part with us as a part of Team Food & Lycra.
As a part of this celebration we are going to raise as much money as we can for Laureus Sport for Good Foundation. Each runner would be racing to help marginalised girls around the world. Laureus Sport for Good Foundation supports a number of programs that are aimed at helping young women marginalised by war, gender inequality, and poverty, amongst other things, rise above those challenges through sport.
Whether it’s Laureus' women’s football programs in Uganda or Germany, women’s running programs in the Netherlands, or the UK programs they have across the country that are specifically geared towards girls and getting them active in safe environments, this is all geared around a very powerful female experience. Check out the video below for a quick intro around what Laureus Sport for Good Foundation do:
If you're interested in joining our team it will cost £20 to sign up and all we ask is that each runner aims to raise as much as possible towards this amazing cause. If each runner could aim to raise at least £100 we'd have an amazing result! In return you get the following:
· Exclusive Training Days with Laureus sporting celebrities
· Mizuno technical running vest or t-shirt
· Bespoke training and nutrition plans
· Weekly training and motivational emails
· Support on the day from the Laureus team
· Exclusive area pre/post race for runners, friends and family
· Personalised fundraising support and ideas
How to get involved
1) Sign up for race entry: Go to this link, pay £20 and ta da - you're in!
2) Set up your just giving page here. A few things to note: - First page search for 'Laureus Sport for Good Foundation' - Second page click 'Organised event' - Third page scroll down to 'Vitality British 10k London Run' - Give your page an easy to remember name then create your page
3) Join our team page here by clicking on the link to 'Join the team', select the page you have just set up and click join! Your individual just giving pages can be you fundraising individually or collectively with other people too.
4) Email us! Please drop us an email at: Foodandlycra@gmail.com and include subject line: 'Food & Lycra' x 'This Girl Can' runs The British 10km. We need to keep track of names and details of all team members so we can update you all about any events we will be organising coming up to race day!
How to donate
Click on this link and donate B! Once you've donated please share the link so we can make sure girls all over the world can rep 'This Girl Can'.
Hope you're as excited for this journey as we are!