F&L's American Pancakes
American Pancakes, dutch pannekoek, french crepes...They’re all cousins with the same base. Flour, eggs and a dairy element and and all so delicious in their own way.
To celebrate pancake day we thought it would be nice to share our favourite pancake recipe with you guys. So simple, yet so tasty and versatile - and easy to make. Ingredients and method are below, or if you prefer to follow our video, find it at the end of the post!
Serves 2 - 3 | Total 30 minutes
285g buttermilk (or mix 190g greek yoghurt and 95 milk)
1 whole egg
2 egg yolks
4g baking powder
2 egg whites
- If you don’t have any buttermilk like in our case, simply mix ⅔ of yoghurt and ⅓ of milk to get the buttermilk consistency. Set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer whisk the sugar and eggs white until you reach a soft peak meringue. Set aside.
- Add the whole egg, 2 yolks, salt, flour and baking powder to the buttermilk or yogurt / milk mix. Combine until smooth.
- Fold in the meringue to the batter. Make sure to fold in with a spatula to keep all the air in. This way you’ll have a very light and fluffy pancakes.
You’re all set.
- Get a non stick pan lightly oiled and warm it up on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot to can start cooking your pancakes and flip until fully cooked and golden.
- When it comes to adding your toppings, use anything you feel like. Here, we used lightly sugared whipped double cream, fresh bananas, blueberries and loooads of maple syrup.
Enjoy and show us how you celebrate pancake day by tagging us with #foodandlycra on Instagram! I mean...we'd prob eat this on any given day, not just Pancake Day!